29 May 2018
It is not easy to merge nature and art, culture and history, competition and fun in one single event.
The organizers of the Chianti Classico Marathon succeeded at the second edition, which will take place on June 3rd starting from Mercatale Val di Pesa.
The running enthusiasts can compete in the scenery of one of the most celebrated territories in the world, among vineyards, woods and hills dotted with castles and abbeys.
A race between nature and beauty
The route, also open to those who want to take a non-competitive walk for pure fun, will be mainly on the dirt road and will walk the authentic heart of Chianti, along the Abbey of Badia a Passignano, the historic center of Greve in Chianti, the castles of Verrazzano and Gabbiano, the medieval village of Montefioralle and many other breathtaking landscapes.
A wonderful opportunity to spend a weekend in Chianti, perhaps just at the Albergo del Chianti in the very center of Greve, the historic Piazza Matteotti, or to indulge in a dinner (light, if you have to compete, richer if you only come for a walk or to see the marathon pass!) at Diversus, always inside the Albergo del Chianti structure, the first restaurant specializing in fish cuisine in Greve!
The disciplines foreseen in this edition will be three:
- Ultra Trail, of 43 km
- Trail, 21 km
- Nordic Walking of 10 km (also the possibility to run freely, in a non-competitive way, with the "free pass" mode).
But let's see together the program of this edition, which starts the day before the main event, Saturday 2 June, to find its highlight on Sunday morning.
The program of the second edition
SATURDAY JUNE 2nd
- All day long: street market and street food all day in Piazza Vittorio Veneto in Mercatale.
- Between 10 and 18: demonstrations and tests of Nordic walking with the National School Nordic Walking and the instructor Silvia of the Arcoballando School.
- 4 pm: children's race
- Hours 16-30 (up to 20): collection of bib and race pack at the gym in Via Cofferi 1 in Mercatale.
- 5 pm: opening of the photo exhibition "La corsa nel Chianti"
- 5.30 pm: technical briefing with various guests.
Refreshment and tasting will follow.
SUNDAY JUNE 3rd
- 8.30 am: departure of the Ultra Trail
- 9.30 am: departure of the Trail
- 9.30 am: free Nordic Walking start
- 12.30 / 5.00 pm: Final Pasta Party.
For registrations, promotions, prizes and info contact chianticlassicomarathon.com
To book at the Hotel del Chianti contact us at 055853763 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com
To book a dinner at Diversus you can always call 055853763 or write us on info@diversus restaurant.it
Read all blog entries